Change your Mind with thought-provoking quotes
Do you have a train of thought on which you ride when you are alone and quietly thinking? I do...
Lately, I have been spending more time on self-care, involving a mindfulness practice, meditation, and spending time by myself, just observing.
Sometimes my train of thought carries a lot of baggage and doesn't travel in the right direction. If I judge it I only seem to go further off the tracks.
As part of my 'morning ritual' I decided to set an intention to start each day with positive thinking.
I now start my day with as many positive affirmations, quotes, thoughts of gratitude as I can muster.
I've realised that if I truly want to change my life for the better, which I do, I need to change my 'monkey mind'. I also need to be free from the restrictive thinking that holds me back from achieving my aspirations. My life's purpose.
Okay, that's a bit heavy. But seriously, would it be helpful to start your day this way?
Do you think it could lead you along a path of daily happiness?
Would things start to go your way?
Here's 30 of my favourite quotes and affirmations
From the likes of Louise Hay through to Rumi, this dose of daily inspiration will help set your mind free so you can be who you were always destined to be. Happy :-)
If you don’t stand for anything, you will remain forever on your knees.
The wound is the place where the light enters you.
My mind and body are in perfect balance. I am a harmonious being.
You are only destined to become one person – the person you decide to be.
Do good and feel good. Do bad and feel bad. It’s that simple.
Consider how very fortunate you are. Consider it every day. The more you count your blessings, the more blessings there will be to count.
You are what you do today, not what you say you’ll do tomorrow.
Everything in my life works now and forever more.
Value the time spent on self-reflection. Becoming more aware of yourself will allow you to become more aware of the people around you. This realisation provides the strength that is needed to create change in your own life, and in the lives of others.
It always seems impossible until it's done.
11. We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.
12. you listen closely to your intuition you will always know what is "best" for you, because what is best for you is what is true for you.
13. Take care of your body. It's the only place you will ever truly live.
14. When you help other people you also help yourself. It's impossible to not feel good when you do good for other people.
15. Today you are you. that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!
16. Don't wait for inspiration, be the inspiration!
17. There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen.
18. Life brings me only good experiences. I am open to new and wonderful changes.
19. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
20. Today is the future I created yesterday.
21. You know you’ve made the right decision when there is peace in your heart.
22. Meditation is simply being consciously aware of your actions, thoughts and feelings. Meditation builds your mindfulness muscle. Meditate today, and every day.
23. Don’t worry if your goals seem crazy to other people; oftentimes the crazy ideas are the ones that have the greatest impact.
24. The only source of knowledge is experience.
25. I handle my own life with joy and ease.
26. Those who are the hardest to love need it the most.
27. Sometimes standing up to your friends can be just as difficult as standing up to your enemies.
28. The unhappiest people in this world are the people who care the most about what everyone else thinks.
29. When people undermine your dreams, predict your doom, or criticise you, remember, they’re telling you their story, not yours.
30. My day begins and ends with gratitude and joy.