Ten Tips for Detoxing your Every Day
Toxins enter our worlds by what we eat, drink, breathe in, and process in any way. In fact a build-up of toxins can often be the underlying cause of disease. With all the hype about detoxes circulating today, it can be overwhelming to know how to detox the right way.
So how do you minimise the toxins that come into your life, and maximise the toxins that go out?
Here are 10 ways to reduce the toxins in your every day to help you restore optimal health and balance.
1. Stay hydrated: Drinking 8 - 10 glasses of clean, not-too-cold water every day is one of the best things you can do to detox and purify your body in a natural way. Good thing, because it’s also the easiest tip!
2. Eat clean: Try to stick to organic, pesticide-free foods, and eliminate antibiotics and hormones from your diet.
Also stay away from ingredients you can’t pronounce, white flour and sugar, caffeine, and alcohol to assist your body’s capacity to process toxins.
3. Meditate: Find time for stillness in your day to cleanse your mind and improve your ability to handle stress. To get you started download one of the recommended mobile meditation apps.
4. Move your body: Regular exercise is an important step to staying healthy, but did you know that it also helps with detoxing by engaging the action of your lymphatic system?
The more you move the more efficient your lymphatic system is to keep you clean. Just remember to gently exercise on Cleanse Days.
5. Take cleansing products: Plant botanicals including ashwagandha, aloe vera, and turmeric, milk thistle, resveratrol, and other antioxidant vitamins and botanicals support the body’s natural ability to remove toxins and leave you feeling energised and strong.
6. Add heat: Break a sweat and hit the sauna or steam room - sweating is a great way build heat and eliminate toxins from your body. As an alternative have a hot bath with a cup of Epsom salts.
7. Clean green: Toxins aren’t just outside your door—they are also in your house - in your cleaning products and personal care products.
Clean your house using green cleaning methods and avoid skincare products with harmful chemicals such as phthalates.
8. Quit a bad habit: Drink too much alcohol? Chronically sleep deprived? Stuck in an unhealthy relationship? Toxins come into our lives in many forms.
Consider if you’re participating in any unhealthy patterns that no longer serves you, and find a way to limit or remove those things in your life.
9. Regulate and eliminate: A healthy digestive function is important to keep your body eliminating the toxins you build up in the body.
Take digestive enzymes and probiotics to support you digestion system and help you stay regular.
10. Pamper your liver: Toxins enter the liver as either water or fat-soluble molecules. Water-soluble toxins are easily metabolised and excreted into the urine.
In contrast, fat-soluble toxins can be stored in fat cells where they are protected from the body’s detoxification systems. Garlic, onions and foods from the Brassica family (cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc.) have all been shown to help enhance liver function.